Utility Meter Tech with Some Plumbing Experience – Traveling
We are immediately seeking a full-time residential and commercial Utility Meter Technician to perform daily utility sub-metering system maintenance and meter reading duties for multifamily and commercial clients.
A company VEHICLE is provided as WEEKLY in-state and out of state traveling is required. Hotel accommodations and per diem provided for days worked when an overnight stay is required.
Plumbing experience including sweating copper pipe is required. You will perform routine maintenance on wireless water and electric sub-metering systems which will include installation, replacement and testing of specific system components. Some electrical skills are necessary as work may include testing electrical outlets, re-piping CPVC and copper lines near existing water meters and replacing unit water shut off valves.
Several weeks of training will be provided to the candidate selected that has the skill set described and experience in plumbing, light electrical and computer/cellphone literacy.
This position requires excellent communication skills, exceptional organization and a high level of professionalism.
- Visually read meter heads
- Plumbing work involving cutting pipe, removing and installing meters, couplings, shut off valves, checking for leaks
- Performs sub-metering equipment testing, repairs and installations as directed
- Electrical work involving receptacles, breakers and switches
- Provides consistent, detailed reporting of daily work performed and materials used
- Performs physical property inspections for future sub-metering installations
- Maintain company vehicle and inventory of equipment, tools, and supplies
- Upholds commitment to excellence and timeliness
- Performs additional tasks or duties assigned by Project Managers
- Communicate effectively with community members, maintenance personnel, retail owners, and residents upon direction of Project Managers
- 3+ years’ experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Able to operate a smart phone and tablet
- Own a personal computer and printer
- Excellent verbal and written communication, math and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented
- Weekly travel required – home on the weekends. Able to work on emergency calls and extended hours (including after-hours and weekends)
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs
- Ability to work outdoors and unconditioned hallways, mechanical rooms, attics and crawl spaces
- Able to frequently stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; crawl, carry
- Frequently lift, move and carry up to 50lbs
- Work quickly and efficiently
• Employer assisted medical insurance premiums, vision, dental and life insurance plans
• Paid holidays
• Paid time off
Send your experience and contact information or a resume to Jobs@msicorp.net. Indicate “Meter Tech” in subject line. Visit our website to learn more at www.midwayutilityservices.com and our 60 year history as a family owned and operated company.
Midway Utility Services, Inc. is a nationally recognized multifamily sub-metering and utility management provider headquartered in Clearwater, FL. Our company provides industry-leading customer service and technical support for multifamily clients looking to reduce utility costs through utility billing, conservation and repair or installation of various utility sub-metering systems.