Do you have a slab leak in your Clearwater, St. Petersburg or Tampa area home? A slab leak is one of the most difficult plumbing problems to detect and remedy. This kind of seepage can be a nightmare for homeowners. Fortunately, the industry leaders at Midway Services can save you from the headache and worry.
What Is A Slab Leak?
A slab leak occurs when a pipe ruptures underneath the concrete foundation of your home, driveway or pool deck. This type of water outflow is difficult to repair because in order for the damage to be reached, it requires that a professional break through the concrete slab to access the damaged pipe.
When you have a leak that’s hidden deep beneath solid stone at your Clearwater, St. Petersburg or Tampa residence, they can be very difficult to detect. So how can you tell? Does your home experience any of the following symptoms?
- High water bills: If you are experiencing higher water bills, without increasing your usage, there is most likely water escaping a pipe somewhere in your residence. While the damage may also have occurred inside a wall, it is important that you have a professional immediately perform an assessment.
- Sound of running water: Do you hear running water in your home, when all water sources are turned off?
- Cracks in walls or flooring: A slab leak can slowly wash away the earth that supports the foundation of your Clearwater, St. Petersburg, or Tampa home. Without this support, the building’s weight can cause it to sag, forming cracks in the inflexible walls, or floor.
- Mildew underneath the carpet: The outflowing water can seep up through the concrete floor, creating the perfect environment for mold growth.
- Hot spot: A possible indication of a hot water leak beneath your residence is a hot spot on the floor of your house.
A simple way to determine if water is escaping into or below your home is by utilizing the meter test. Simply turn off all faucets and ensure there are no appliances using water, then go out to your meter and have a look. If the needle is still moving, there is a definite leak, and you should call a professional for emergency maintenance.
Why Choose Midway Services?
Slab leaks can be a major crisis for homeowners in and around Clearwater, St. Petersburg and Tampa. This is why it’s imperative to choose a professional that can offer you not only outstanding customer service and superior quality repairs, but can back it up with years of dependable service and thousands of satisfied clients.
Don’t allow anyone to damage your property searching for the source of a leak; breaking into the concrete without first pinpointing the location of the damage is never acceptable. At Midway Services of Clearwater, St. Petersburg, and Tampa we can locate the exact location of the damaged pipe by using state of the art thermal imaging and electromagnetic, pipeline locators.
Using their extensive training, our experienced technicians are able to utilize the smallest entrance hole possible, sometimes even minimizing the disruption of property to a single floor tile, which saves you on the cost of labor and repairs.
Repair Options for a Slab Leak
After we have located the source of flowing water, there are several repair options we might use, which can vary by property and severity of damage:
- With newer construction, it is often as simple as your plumber opening up the concrete directly above the damage and fixing the pipe.
- Sometimes with old systems, or a system with a history of problems, it is more cost effective for the technician to repipe the entire line rather than attempting a repair.
- If there are multiple leaks throughout the water line, it is sometimes possible for us to apply an epoxy coating to the inside of the pipe to seal the damaged areas, rather than breaking multiple holes in the floor for direct access.
Midway Services began as a plumbing and repiping company in 1957 so we have plenty of experience with slab leaks.
With our flat-rate pricing, there are no hidden costs, and any additional expenses will be discussed with you so there are never any surprises. We also offer one-hour emergency service when scheduling permits.
For Your Peace of Mind
At Midway, we take your peace of mind very seriously. We understand that by hiring us, you are inviting a stranger into your home or onto your property. That can be a frightening proposition.
Before we hire a plumbing technician at Midway Services, they must pass a nationwide criminal background check and a drug screening.
Midway service technicians arrive within their scheduled time, driving a Midway Services vehicle, neatly dressed in a Midway Services uniform and sporting a Midway Services ID badge. You can rest assured that we will leave our work areas neat and tidy and treat your home and furnishings as we would our own.