Garbage Disposal Repair
If you suspect you need garbage disposal repair or replacement service in your Tampa Bay home, do not make the (often costly and stressful) mistake of trying to handle it yourself. DIY projects are great, but not when they can include serious damage and personal injury.
Garbage disposals have become one of the most necessary appliances for us to have in our homes; they are the type of machine you don’t truly recognize the value of until they stop working. Needing an immediate garbage disposal repair can be one of the most frustrating experiences at home because of the inconvenience and mess that typically accompanies their failure (sinks full of dirty, murky water, rotting food in your trash, unpleasant smells, etc.). Fortunately, we offer same day and 24/7 services.
This is how garbage disposals work: the motor powers the impellers to chop and grind food and waste against the shredder ring, and then is flushed by the waste line connector to the sewer system. Although they have been around since 1927, like most machines and appliances, disposals have become more efficient and powerful with time. Yours may be well beyond its predicted life and in need of repair or replacement.
Garbage Disposal Replacements
It is important you have a high-powered disposal, especially if you have a family. Replacements are often necessary when the appliance is outdated or has endured an excessive amount of wear and tear over the years. If it is able to turn on but is simply not working properly, you may be able to get away with a simple repair. Either way, it’s best to call a professional plumbing repair company serving Clearwater, St. Petersburg and all of Tampa Bay, such as Midway Services. Replacing a garbage disposal is not a task you want to attempt by yourself. It requires a good amount of knowledge about their equipment and pieces, electrical wiring and intricate assembly procedure.
Signs You Need a Garbage Disposal Repair or Service
- Inefficient sink draining
- Humming sounds when powered on
- Clanking metal sounds when powered on
- Foul odors
- No sound or activity when turned on at all
- Rusting and/or jamming
Choose Midway Services
Despite their frequent and aggressive use, disposals are sensitive when it comes to their repairs and replacements. For example, continually trying to mess with it to make it work can burn the motor out, which will necessitate a motor replacement. If you know you need a garbage disposal repair, your safest bet is to call a trained technician of Midway Services to come out to your Clearwater, St. Petersburg or Tampa Bay home for same-day service. We offer flat rate pricing, and maintenance programs.
Garbage Disposal Maintenance
- Although the disposal’s main function is, of course, to break down food, there are a number of items you shouldn’t put down there (contrary to popular belief) including: potato peels, egg shells, grease/oil, coffee grounds, seeds, and bones.
- Also, remember that if you believe your drain to be clogged, do not use store bought products! The chemicals can actually cause more damage. Continually putting these types of things down your drain will eventually lead to clogging and other issues and require you to call a garbage disposal company for repair services.
- Do not EVER stick your hand down the disposal (also called “the hopper”)!
- If it simply will not power on at all, it is most likely an electrical issue. You can try to reset it by pushing the (typically) red RESET button located on the bottom of it. If that does not work, you may want to check your electric panel for a circuit break.
With our flat-rate pricing, there are no hidden costs, and any additional expenses will be discussed with you so there are never any surprises. We also offer one-hour emergency service when scheduling permits.
For Your Peace of Mind
At Midway Services, we take your peace of mind very seriously. We understand that by calling us, you are inviting a stranger into your home, and that can be a frightening proposition.
Before we hire a technician at Midway Services, he or she must pass a nationwide criminal background check and drug screening.
Midway service technicians arrive within their scheduled time, driving a Midway Services vehicle, dressed in a Midway Services uniform and sporting a Midway Services ID badge. You can rest assured that we will leave our work areas neat and tidy and treat your home and furnishings as we would our own.