Electrical Generator Services
If you are a Clearwater, St. Petersburg or Tampa resident, an electrical generator is a necessary home appliance, especially in the event of a power outage, such as those that occur during natural disasters, hurricanes and tropical storms. Our area is known as the lightning capital of the world. As Florida residents, we know that the weather can sometimes be chaotic and unpredictable; it’s best to be prepared for the worst.
Don’t wait until you lose power to consider electrical generator service from Midway Services. From whole house generators to individual units for smaller areas, Midway is your one-stop source for all Tampa Bay area electrical generator services.
A good whole-house electrical generator will act as a backup electricity supplier in case your area of Pinellas or Hillsborough County loses power. Typically installed in your backyard, the unit will feed your home’s electrical system directly with power. Consulting with Midway electrical service experts will allow you to establish your needs, and compare models.
While it is nearly impossible to completely prevent power outages, you can ensure your home appliances are safe from the electrical surges we sometimes experience here in the lightning capitol of the world. At Midway, we offer whole-home surge protection to safeguard all the outlets around your home. With the specialty solutions we offer at Midway, your home or business will be completely protected against voltage spikes.
Don’t wait for the next storm, give us a call today to find out how we can help you prepare and protect your home during future power outages.
Midway’s Electrical Generator Services:
- Installations and replacements
- Repairs—troubleshooting & diagnostics
- Preventative maintenance programs
Types of Electrical Generators
There are a wide variety of makes and models, which is why you’ll want to consult with an expert to determine which the best choice for your particular needs is. One of the biggest factors to look for in a generator is the amount of watts. The first step in shopping for a generator is to determine how much power you’ll actually need during a blackout. You don’t want to get too little of a power supply, but at the same time don’t want to overpay for watts you’ll never use.
Consider what appliances would be imperative for you to utilize during a blackout. Many outages are short lived, but you need to prepare in the unfortunate event that it lasts for weeks.
Another factor to consider when deciding between different types of generators is the type of environment you will be using it for. For example, do you think you will only need it for your home or small office? Or are you looking for one to power a commercial building? Do you want it to stay stationary or have the ability to take it to different places as needed?
Portable vs. Standby Electrical Generator
- Portable Generator— Works as additional/backup sources of power supply but is, obviously, mobile. You can use it for multiple purposes, for example at your home or to bring to a construction work site for additional power supply. It gives you power wherever you may need it. However many prefer the standby.
- Permanent Standby Generator—Larger, automatic unit, which is the ideal electric generator for the Clearwater, St. Petersburg and Tampa Bay residents who travel often (especially seasonally). The standby units are permanently stationed outside and are directly connected to your electrical panel system, so if your home or building were to lose power while you were gone, the backup supply would immediately power on, and then back off when regular electricity returns.
- Automatic Standby Generator – Typically recommended because its permanence provides safety and convenience benefits. For example, they have less risk for carbon monoxide poisoning and they can be easier on your wallet because constant gas refills aren’t necessary.
While some try to install, repair and replace electric generators themselves, it is definitely not the safest, smartest or most cost-effective option. Trying to handle it yourself could cause damage to other electrical systems and appliances in your home. At Midway Services, we offer our Clearwater, St. Petersburg and Tampa area residents flat rate pricing. There are no hidden costs and any additional expenses will be discussed with you so there are never any surprises. We also offer one-hour emergency service when scheduling permits.
We can’t control the weather. But we can make sure we are protected and prepared for whatever Mother Nature sends our way.
For Your Peace of Mind
At Midway, we take your peace of mind very seriously. We understand that by calling us, you are inviting a stranger into your home or onto your property, and that can be a frightening proposition.
Before we hire a technician at Midway Services, they must pass a nationwide criminal background check and a drug screening.
Midway service technicians arrive within their scheduled time, driving a Midway Services vehicle, dressed in a Midway Services uniform and sporting a Midway Services ID badge. You can rest assured that we will leave our work areas neat and tidy and treat your home and furnishings as we would our own.