Air Conditioning Maintenance Service
In the hot and humid Tampa Bay area, air conditioning maintenance is a vital part of comfortable, year round living. Your air conditioning is the second most expensive household cost – right behind vehicles.
A Case for Maintenance
Think of preventive HVAC maintenance in the same way as the preventive maintenance for your car: If you don’t change your engine oil and replace belts and filters, the engine will lock up and the vehicle won’t operate. The same holds true, in a sense, for HVAC systems. “If you spend $30 on an oil change in your car, you will save $3,000 on a new engine,” says Matt Ashwood, president and CEO at Bonded Filter Co., Nashville, TN. “Proper preventive maintenance [for] HVAC equipment will do the same thing.”
Proper Maintenance should be performed on a consistent basis to maintain its peak efficiency. Just like a car has the oil change to extend its useful life so should a HVAC system.
Life of the System
The better a person maintains their HVAC unit, the longer that unit will be able to function well and provide cooling and heating to a home or building. With proper HVAC maintenance, a unit can last well over 10 years. Considering the amount of money a person spends to install an HVAC unit, it makes sense they would want to keep that unit running well for as long as possible.
HVAC Maintenance is exceptionally cost effective. A properly maintained air condition system will perform better and longer, saving you dollars in the long run.
Midway Services extensive air conditioning maintenance services
- Check for proper air flow
- Condenser coils cleaned
- Refrigerant charge checked
- Inspect & calibrate thermostat
- Inspect heat recovery unit
- Check defrost system on heat pump
- Inspect blower wheel
- Inspect indoor coil (in place)
- Clean or check “filter for replacement ???? (Extend Unit Life)
- Clean outdoor unit
- Inspect relays & contractors
- Clean drain pan
- Check condensate pump & drain line
- Inspect accessible air ducts
- Check system pressures & temperatures
- Test electrical voltage & amperage
- Check relays and heat limits
- Inspect heating coils
- Inspect crankcase heater
- Lubricate outdoor fan motor
- Inspect safety limits & fuses
- Check all wiring for heat damage
- Inspect unit disconnect
- Inspect all safety controls
- Inspect system disconnect
Midway Services is available 24/7. Your call will be answered by a Midway employee, not some answering service half way across the world. We pride ourselves in being your home-town air conditioning maintenance company. We offer after hours and weekend appointments and flat-rate pricing so we are there when it is convenient for you – and there are no pricing surprises when the job is completed. Best of all, we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all our air conditioning maintenance work.