How to Choose a New Kitchen Faucet
Posted on: December 13, 2016
Although you might not realize it, your kitchen faucet takes a lot of abuse. Whether you’re washing your hands or preparing a meal, you probably use the kitchen sink quite often. Over time, the valves underneath your sink may begin to wear out, and when they do, you may notice that the water pressure is not as strong as it should be. You might even see a slow leak.
Here at Midway Services, our technicians are trained to assist you with all of your plumbing woes. But perhaps you want to change things up and buy a new faucet? Don’t worry; we can help with that, too! Here are some things to consider when you’re looking to give your sink a facelift:
What type of faucet do you want?
Most kitchens come with a standard “single handle” or “single hole” faucet, which consists of a single lever to control the water pressure and temperature. However, there are a few other varieties you might consider, depending on how much time you spend in your kitchen.
- Pull-out faucets – This type features a spray wand with a long hose that is attached to the spout. One of the best things about pull-out faucets is that you no longer have to lift a heavy pot of water out of the sink — just place that pot off to the side of the sink, extend the wand, and fill it up! The also typically have a spray option to help you clean certain dishes more efficiently.
- Two-handle – These faucets feature separate handles for hot and cold water. Some people prefer them because they have a more traditional look.
- Touchless – If you want to go the whole nine yards with your faucet upgrade, consider a “touchless” faucet, which is perfect for those moments when your hands are completely coated in dough or grease.
What type of finish matches your kitchen?
Today, faucets are available in a wide range of finishes to match your kitchen décor.
- Chrome – Undoubtedly the most common, a shiny chrome finish matches just about every color scheme, but goes especially well with neutral or cool colors.
- Nickel – A slightly warmer color than chrome, this finish looks great in both modern and classically styled kitchens.
- Polished brass – This shiny gold color is more popular in bathroom applications, but can look stylish in a kitchen with a warmer color scheme.
- Oil-rubbed bronze – This dark, matte finish looks beautiful with warm colors and adds an old-world look that is perfect for a rustic kitchen.
These are just some of the many options that are available on today’s market. At Midway Services, we can help you choose and install the ideal faucet for your kitchen. We are “Florida’s Most Trusted Company”™, and we promise to offer you exceptional service for a great value. Whether your plumbing fixtures need repair or your shower needs water softening, we’re here to help. Just give us a call at (727) 565-4715 for the Pinellas area of (813) 343-2097 for the Hillsborough area.
Posted In: Uncategorized