Pay Attention to Your AC Ducts
Posted on: August 17, 2016
Air Conditioning is truly one of the most important inventions of all time. Think of your life in our hot, humid Tampa Bay climate with no AC. Pretty grim, right?
A central AC system is your best friend during our hot Tampa Bay months. Unfortunately, having the right central AC unit is not always the whole answer. That unit has to be hooked up to a duct system that has been custom designed for your home.
Your duct system is an absolutely vital part of your home’s heating and air conditioning system, but one that is frequently overlooked. Like any mechanical system your duct system can deteriorate over time, springing leaks or growing damaging organisms that may cause your family health problems.
Here are two very good reasons to have your existing ductwork examined:
- Indoor Air Quality– By seeping in throughout the ductwork, allergens and irritants bypass the intake filter and blow directly into the air your family breathes. Moisture can also enter through these compromised areas, allowing harmful mold growth to form inside the ventilation.
- Energy Efficiency– Older or improperly completed duct installation might be leaking as much as 30% of the temperature controlled air your HVAC unit produces into your attic. This also compromises the insulation properties of the ductwork, allowing the extreme attic temperatures to seep into the vents. These leaks don’t just affect the indoor climate of your home; dust, insects, and other contaminants can also enter through these tiny pinholes and tears. The resulting sediment can build up, reducing efficiency and putting a strain on your HVAC unit.
These are warning signs that your ductwork may need to be replaced:
- Does your house still rely on window or portable AC units or heaters to regulate the temperature in certain rooms?
- Are you tired of dealing with the noise and never-quite-right temperature caused by these portable air conditioners?
- Does your home take far too long to reach the desired temperature, if at all?
- Are you flipping an old home for resale that lacks a central HVAC system?
If you answered yes to any of the above, then you might benefit from professional duct installations by Midway Services.
You can start by simply calling the Midway Services AC Duct experts. One of our professional AC technicians will come out to perform a full assessment to determine if your home can benefit from new duct installation. If you have an existing system that you feel needs to be replaced, it’s quite possible that all it needs is a thorough cleaning, followed by our patented Aeroseal sealing process. This service can seal any holes and small tears in the ventilation, making it like new, and saving you a lot of money in the process.
Posted In: AC & Heating