Maintain that AC Unit!
Posted on: August 17, 2016
I know it’s hard to believe, but we will be moving into the cooler temperatures of what we call Fall and Winter here on Florida’s Suncoast.
But with months of dreadfully hot and humid weather still immediately ahead of us, this might be a great time to perform some system checks to ensure you get through the rest of the heat – and you are prepared for cooler temps and occasionally necessary heating.
Here are some warning signs that your system may need some attention:
- Strange odors such as burning or other smells coming from the AC vents
- Thumping or other strange sounds when the unit turns on or off
- Your home has warm and cold spots
- Your unit seems to run almost full time or turns on and off very frequently
- Your thermostat displays an incorrect temperature
- Your power bill keeps going up even though you haven’t changed your usage
Like any mechanical device, your air conditioning system needs frequent maintenance. At Midway Services, we specialize in detecting small AC issues and correcting them before they become big ones. The last thing you want in August or September heat is a broken AC unit.
If you are experiencing any of the issues above, or simply want to ensure that your unit is still running strong and will get you through the rest of the heat and into the cool.
The AC experts at Midway Services offer annual maintenance programs that can save you discomfort and big bucks over the life of your AC unit.
Posted In: AC & Heating