Catch That Water Leak Before It Becomes a Real Problem
Posted on: August 17, 2016
Pipes leak sometimes. But sometimes, we don’t discover a water leak until it has wreaked havoc on our lives.
Following are some early warning signs that you need to call the plumbing professionals at Midway Services.
- You can hear water sounds when no faucet or fixture is turned on. This may be a sign that you have a leak within your walls or ceiling.
- Your water bills are increasing each month for no particular reason. If your water usage is not increasing, but your bill is – this is a sign you need to find the leak before it becomes a real problem.
- Your bathroom walls and ceilings get damp even when no sink or shower is being used. Since your plumbing pipes run behind your walls and ceilings, a slow leak may manifest itself in damp spots on the walls or ceilings.
- Your ceilings and walls are starting to discolor and crack.
- A portion of your yard has become soft and mushy even though it hasn’t been raining. This may be a sign that you have a leak in your inbound plumbing lines.
If you suspect you have a water leak in your home, here is an easy way to check it. Make sure all water sources in your home are turned off and are not leaking. Then check your water meter. It should not show any usage if all is OK. If it shows some water flow, that’s a pretty sure sign you need to call Midway Services to help find your internal water leak.
Posted In: Plumbing