Benefits of an Electrical Home Inspection
Posted on: July 26, 2016
Electrical safety in your Tampa Bay area home is no laughing matter. It’s not like the Roadrunner cartoons where Wiley Coyote grabs a live wire and does the electric dance for a few seconds and then moves on.
The National Safety Council says that fires started by electrical problems are the leading cause of property damage in the United States. When you factor in electrocutions and other personal injuries from electrical exposure, you have a very serious situation. One of the most effective methods for dealing with home electrical safety is the home electrical safety inspection.
When To Get An Electrical Inspection
Is an electrical inspection always necessary? Is it even worth it? There is many times during a homeowner’s lifetime that they will need to have their system inspected, including the following:
• Buying, selling, or transferring ownership of a home
• Adding on a new appliance, especially a larger system like an AC or heater
• Making renovations or remodeling a room
• Owning a home that is several decades old
• Any home that has had trouble with the electrical wiring in the past
What To Expect
The electrical professionals at Midway Services put your safety first when they perform comprehensive home electrical safety inspections. One of the most frequently asked questions is “what can I expect from an electrical inspection?”
- First and foremost, our technicians inspect your entire electrical system and compare it to current electrical codes in your jurisdiction. It’s important to stay up-to-date on the latest codes to keep your family safe and your electrical devices operating properly.
- We will point out any electrical devices that are energy hogs, driving up your electric bills. The US Government has established the Energy Star program to encourage more energy efficiency in devices and to encourage consumers to purchase and install these highly efficient devices.
- We inspect every aspect of your home’s electrical system, inside and outside. We test smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, security systems, electrical panel and all electrical outlets.
The two major benefits of a home electrical inspection are safety and efficiency. We encourage you to contact the electrical experts at Midway Services to schedule your home electrical inspection.
Posted In: Electrical