5 Signs You Have A Slab Leak
Posted on: July 18, 2016
A slab leak is difficult to detect. You could have a slab leak for months or even years before you realize what is happening.
There are some clear signs that you have something going on under the foundation of your Tampa Bay home.
- Do you notice discoloration or staining around your floorboards or your floor covering? You may also notice damp carpet or cracks in floor tile or bubbling in linoleum floors.
- Do you feel warmth in one section of the floor? If you have a hot water slab leak, you may notice a warm area – an indication that you are leaking hot water under your slab.
- Are your water bills increasing over time? This can be a clear indication that your piping is leaking water; either under your slab, or inside your walls. You might try making your house as quiet as possible and do a walkthrough listening for the sound of running water.
- Has your water pressure decreased? If your shower has turned into a spritzer, you may very well have a slab leak causing your pressure to diminish.
- Check your water meter. Go through the house and make sure that all water sources are turned off and your toilets are not running. Then check your water meter. There should be no movement in your water meter dial. If you see it moving, you have a leak somewhere.
Slab leaks can cause serious structural damage to your home. They can also ruin floor coverings and walls. Most important, they can become the source for dangerous mold and mildew in your home.
If you suspect that you have developed a slab leak, we invite you to call the plumbing experts at Midway Services. We will diagnose your problem and provide flat-rate pricing to get the problem fixed so you can move on with you
Posted In: Plumbing