4 Easy Tips to Make Your AC Unit Last Longer
Posted on: July 18, 2016
Many factors contribute to the overall health and well-being of your central AC system in the Tampa-St. Petersburg area. They include:
- Matching unit size to the size of the home
- Quality of the unit
- System maintenance
You can usually expect between 10 and 15 years from your central AC unit. You can extend the life and improve the performance of your system by following these 5 steps:
- Inspect regularly – it’s best to have an annual inspection before the long hot summer sets in. Midway Services offers an annual inspection program to monitor your system and detect issues before they become big problems. The maintenance agreement includes two seasonal AC inspections that will reference your system efficiency and safety.
- Keep it clean – normally, your AC compressor is located outside, exposed to dust, dirt and other dangers. Midway AC specialist will clean your compressor and coils, preventing dangerous buildups.
- Clean the ducts – it’s a good idea to have your AC ducts cleaned every few years. Depending on the quality of your home’s indoor air, your ducts can become clogged, restricting the proper air flow. Ducts can also become a home to dangerous bacteria. Midway Services offers a comprehensive sanitation service to clean your AC ducts.
- Clean the filters – convert to reusable AC filters and clean them at least twice a year. A convenient guideline is to clean your filters when the time changes from standard time to daylight savings and then back again.
Of course, all mechanical things die. When that time has come, call the AC experts at Midway Services to evaluate your needs and install a high SEER system that will do its job and save energy dollars over its lifespan.
Posted In: AC & Heating