Posted on: June 6, 2016
Did you know that “ten percent of homes have leaks that waste 90 gallons or more water per day”? According to United States Environmental Protection Agency an average household leak could add up to 10,000 gallons of water wasted every year; this is the amount of water we could use for 270 loads of laundry! Leak detection is the answer.
Are you concerned that you have a leak somewhere in your water system? Has your water bill been higher than usual? Unfortunately, there are many places for a leak to occur and finding it on your own can sometimes be nearly impossible to do. At Midway Services, we can effectively detect if you have a leak and exactly where it is located with the use of our innovative leak detection services. There is no destruction involved and we are off to fixing the issue at hand in no time. Don’t wait until the issue has become a nightmare! If you suspect a problem, allow our talented service techs to check it out before too much damage has been done.
Here are some signs to look for if you suspect a water leak in your home:
- Hearing a continuous stream of water when nothing is turned on. (Think about the sound of when a toilet is running.)
- The meter keeps going up. An easy way to check this is to mark the water heater at whatever spot it’s on. Don’t use any water for an hour and then go back and check. If it has increased, you may have a leak.
- Your water bill is increasing each month. Generally, a families water bill stays about the same. If it has a noticeable increase over time, you may want to check into a leak.
- You can small musky water smell from your walls or floor.
- You can feel warm spots, specifically on concrete floors.
Do any of these warning signs ring a bell in your home? Midway Services plumbing department urges you to make a move before there is a higher price to pay. Fixing household water leaks can save you about 10 percent on your water bills. Small leaks can be a breeze to fix, so allow us to have a look and repair them for you quickly!