Is Your Home Hurricane Ready?
Posted on: June 6, 2016
This’ the season… for hurricanes that is. If you have lived in the Tampa Bay area for a while, then you know just how important it is to be prepared for a severe thunderstorm or a hurricane. The time of year is here to make sure that your home is structurally sound as well as having everything you need inside for your family’s wellbeing.
Here are few tips that will get you prepared:
- Strong winds can cause branches and trees to fall on your home or car. Take some time to remove large or loose branches from trees or the entire plant if it is too close to your home.
- Secure your rain gutters and make sure they are properly cleared out and ready to take on extreme rain.
- A portable generator is a great thing to have, as power can be lost for days or even weeks in a bad storm.
- Install storm shutters on your windows and doors.
- Charge your phone batteries in case power is lost.
- Bring anything that is outside – in. This includes things like trash cans, patio furniture, bikes, etc.
- Build or restock an emergency preparedness kit in your home with items like flashlight, batteries, cash, and a first aid kit.
- And most importantly – stock in water supplies!
Being prepared and educated is the most important thing you can do for the safety of your home & family. If you have any questions, or need some help preparing your home for the season, give Midway Services a call!
You can read more detail about the hurricane preparedness here: https://www.ready.gov/hurricanes
Posted In: #MyMidwayHome