6 Things You Should Do When Moving Into A New Home
Posted on: February 29, 2016
Are you moving into a new home? This is an exciting time and it is important to be prepared. We would hate for something that could have been avoided to ruin your time of getting settled into your new place. Here at Midway Services, we handle many home improvement and remodeling upgrades to homes, new and old, and we have seen certain issues arise time and time again. Allow us to provide you with some tips to ensure a happy and productive move in process.
1. Change the locks on your home. Since this home (in most cases) just belonged to someone else, you never know who may still have a key! Be safe and protect your family & your belongings by immediately changing all the locks in the home.
2. Check for leaks and other “small” issues. In most cases, you had an inspection before purchasing your home, but that doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t take a minute to examine each room before moving your furniture and boxes inside. Leaks, cracks, and other small issues should be found out before they get larger and could cause bigger issues. Take some time to look around and be mindful, as you are moving into the space.
3. Clean the carpets. This is always a good recommendation. This is where your kids and pets will spend most of their time, so be sure that they are clean! Also, it’s perfect timing since the house is empty and easy to clean.
4. Wipe out the cabinets. This is also the best time to make sure these are clean. You wouldn’t want to have someone else’s mess in your new pantry. Again, this is a quick and easy process since they are all empty!
5. Do some pest control. Establish the routine you are going to have in your new home and start it, even before you officially move in.
6. Find the main water valve and circuit breaker. This is very important. In case of an emergency, outage, or mishap, you may need to get to one of these places, but in a new home, you may have no idea how to find it. Be familiar with where they are so that you don’t have to be looking for it in the dark one night!
If you need assistance with anything in your home, from heating and cooling, to bathroom remodels, we are your people! With a willingness to serve, allow Midway Services to get you settled into your new home. Contact us today!
Posted In: #MyMidwayHome