Electrical Safety at Home

Posted on: October 28, 2015

It is important to practice safety when performing electrical repairs at home in Largo. There are many things that need to be taken into consideration before doing any work, and calling for the help of a professional technician will eliminate the need for you to take any risks. Keep the following information in mind at home and work regarding safety and hazards that can arise with electricity and power sources. electricityclearwater

Outlets

Overloading an outlet is a serious hazard that many people overlook in their houses. An overloaded outlet can short circuit and spark, causing a fire. Electrical repair is necessary to fix a burnt-out socket, and a Largo technician can be there ASAP to fix it for you.

Outlet plugs are very tempting for little ones that are crawling around at eye-level to sockets. Always make sure that unused sockets have plugs in them to prevent any shocks or burns. Ask us about our rewiring, troubleshooting, circuit tracing, and upgrade services that can help protect your loved ones at home from harm.

Circuit Breakers

These are the hub of power in the house, and where electrical repairs almost always begin. If you’re doing anything with outlets or extension cords in your house, always check that the circuit breaker for that area of your house is turned off. You don’t want to risk shocking yourself while tinkering. Always make sure that the area you’re in is free of liquid or water, which could contribute to shock. Check with your home service to see about installing arc-fault circuit interrupter (AFCI) or ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) receptacles in your outlets if you do not already have them. These receptacles:

  • Protect from shock
  • Test and reset the circuit
  • Prevent fires
  • Protect appliances

Call Midway Services to install GFCI receptacles in your Largo home today.

Extension Cords

Never use an extension cord to plug in your appliance. Appliances require a large amount of electricity to power, and an extension cord is not a safe way to transmit that much energy. What will likely happen is that the energy will overpower the extension cord, causing it to short, which might again cause a fire. Contact an electrical repair professional in Largo to install more outlets near your appliances, so an extension cord is not needed; this will help you prevent a future need for repairs.

Call Midway Services for Electrical Repairs in Largo

Midway Services has assisted those in the Largo area with their electrical repairs for years, and we are prepared to help you as well. If you need these services or any plumbing, AC and heating, or remodeling support, contact us today! We offer 60-minute service, no travel charges, on-time guarantees, 24-hour assistance, and flat-rate pricing for your convenience. Get the job done right with Midway!

Share

Sign up to get interesting news and updates delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up Now