Holiday Safety Tips from Your Electrical Service Company
Posted on: October 5, 2015
It’s officially October, which means the holidays are right around the corner. No matter how your family chooses to celebrate, people all around Largo will be decorating with lights both inside and out. And while decorating can be a fun, festive way to celebrate, as an electrical service company, we know this can also be an easy way to put your family in danger of an electrical fire. To keep you from creating an unnecessary hazard, we have put together a list of safety precautions to remember this holiday season.
- Before hanging lights, check to make sure none of the connections are frayed or loose.
- When hanging lights, never use nails, screws, or tacks to hold them in place. Instead, consider using hooks in order to prevent shortages.
- If you have to use extension cords, try to run them along the walls, and tape them into place so people don’t trip over them. Not only is this dangerous, but it can cause the plug to be jerked from the outlet.
- Don’t overload outlets. A common call we receive as an electrical service company is people telling us their circuit frequently trips, and it ends up being overloaded.
- Make sure to check whether the lights are for indoor or outdoor use. Indoor lights will have less insulation and will not be able to stand up to the Largo weather.
Midway Is Your Electrical Service Company
The holidays are a time for family and friends to gather, and shouldn’t be a time of unnecessary electrical hazards. With the help of Midway Services, you can be sure that your home is safe and ready for the season. We can come to your Largo home and inspect the system to ensure everything is up to date and up to code, and if you should have any issues, we are available 24/7, so all you have to do is call!
We charge by the job, not the hour; and our first rate customer services have set us apart to be credited as the best electrical service company in the Tampa Bay. Call us today to see what it’s like to work with the best!