How to Improve Your Home’s Indoor Air Quality
Posted on: May 17, 2015
When we think of pollutants, many of us think of outdoor toxins like smog and exhaust fumes. Many Belleair residents don’t even realize that their homes could be full of even more toxins than what seeps in from outside, including dust mites, pollen and pet dander. Many people think that simply changing the air filter on the AC each month is enough to keep their indoor air quality clean, but this isn’t always the case.
What Hidden Toxins are in Your Home?
You clean your home regularly and no one in your family smokes indoors, so you probably think that your home has pretty good indoor air quality. Unfortunately, it isn’t quite as simple as this. Some everyday household products can release pollutants into your air, making any children or elderly more susceptible to allergies, asthma and even pneumonia.
So how can you reduce these pollutants in your Belleair home? Here are a few easy tips:
1. Lessen your use of harsh cleaners that have strong fragrances.
2. If your garage is connected to your home, don’t idle any cars, lawnmowers or engines inside of it.
3. Wash your sheets and pillows regularly to reduce dust mites.
4. Consider getting a few indoor house plants to naturally improve the indoor air quality in your Belleair home, since they filter out carbon dioxide.
5. Keep humidity levels low (less than 60%) with humidifiers, if needed.
6. Run the bathroom fan while showering to clear out the steam and prevent moisture buildup—which becomes a hub for bacteria and mold growth.
Breathe Easy With Midway Services
When it comes to indoor air quality services for your Belleair home, Midway has you covered. We will help you rid the existing toxins, as well as keep them from returning in the future. Our new Air Scrubber Plus, which easily attaches to your HVAC system, uses a new technology to reduce contaminants, get rid of lingering odors, and purify the air by reducing irritating particles. If anyone in your family suffers from allergies, if you would like to reduce dust mites in your home but don’t know how, or if you are tired of battling the musty smell in your home, call us today to see how we can help you!