Air Conditioner Maintenance Tips
Posted on: April 21, 2015
While many people in Safety Harbor believe in the old adage “if it’s not broken, don’t fix it,” we know that that doesn’t always apply to your air conditioner. Just like your car, your home’s cooling unit needs regular maintenance to make sure it stays working efficiently. With the right AC service company, you can be confident that you aren’t spending too much to cool your home and that you can always count on it to work perfectly on hot summer days.
When it comes to maintenance, there are some things you can do on your own, and some that should be left to the professionals. Some DIY practices you can do include:
- Changing the air filter every month and keeping the area around the filter clean
- Making sure there aren’t any trees or bushes around your AC
- Knowng what signs to look out for that may signal repairs are needed. These can include strange sounds, the unit continuously turning on and off, and it not cooling your home as well as it used to.
For the rest of the AC services you may need on your Safety Harbor home, it is best to trust the professional! During a typical check and tune-up, a technician will typically:
- Check the thermostat settings
- Make sure all electrical connections are tight and in good shape
- Replace any worn down parts
- Lubricate all moving parts to keep them from wearing out too early
- Clean condenser and evaporator coils
- Check refrigerant levels
- And whatever else is needed!
For the best AC services in Safety Harbor, trust the professionals at Midway Services! We have been providing the highest quality of home services to the Tampa Bay for over 50 years, and we will be able to help you!
No matter if you need regular maintenance or if you make use of our 24/7 emergency services, trust that the Midway professionals will always be courteous, well-trained, and will do the job right, the first time. We offer flat rate pricing, so you pay by the job, not by the hour!
To schedule an appointment, call us today.