Water Softeners: Care and Repair
Posted on: March 6, 2015
If you have installed a device to help you achieve better water quality, it’s important to keep up with the water softener repairs you may need. Without proper care, the system could become near useless and the water you use in your Seminole home will be as hard as it was in the first place.
Before we get to discuss the water softener repairs often needed, you should be aware of the different ways you can contribute to keeping your system in good shape:
- Use pure salt with iron remover in your brine tank
- Don’t add salt until what’s in the tank is used up
- Clear the different parts regularly
- Check the position of the drain line located outside the system
These four steps are the best things you can do to maintain your system. However, no matter what type of care you can do on your own, keep in mind that water softener repairs and maintenance are always better performed by professionals.
If you notice your system isn’t performing like it should, don’t think about getting a replacement immediately. Chances are that an expert will be able to diagnose the problem and come up with a solution for you! The residents of Seminole often encounter the same issues with their system. These usually include:
- A motor that is not working can be checked at different levels. The first things to look at are the switch and the circuit breaker. If everything looks in order, the problem may come for within the motor and will require help of someone who knows their way around motors.
- Problems with the brine line are a rather common occurrence a professional will check for breaks and damage that may cause a change in pressure. Ensuring proper pressure is the key to a system that works efficiently.
- A system with leaks will not work the way it should. With time, wear and tear will occur on the bypass valve. It may get slightly damaged or its position may change. It’s important to check that this part is at the right place and remains in good condition to avoid a leaky system.
Many of the residents of Seminole enjoy soft water thanks to a special system, and the most convenient and reliable way of ensuring the water quality remains the best is to hire an expert to take a look at the system. At Midway, our staff is trained to perform inspections and handle any of the water softener repairs you might need. Give us a call today to schedule an appointment in your Seminole home.