Tips for Keeping Heating Bills Low
Posted on: December 18, 2014
Picking the brain of heating service providers in St. Petersburg is the perfect way to get the best tips on how to keep your heating bills as low as possible this winter. From unit performance to personal habits, your local experts will tell you what might be costing you more than it should.
We have gathered five easy ways you can reduce your heating bills:
1. Drop 2 Degrees: A two-degree change in your home temperature is usually not something you will notice. You will stay comfortable, and may be able to save between 5-10% off your heating bills.
2. Program It: When no one is home for several hours, heating the house is a waste of energy. Investing in a programmable thermostat will let you start heating up just before you get back to your home in St. Petersburg. That way you and your family can stay cozy while enjoying the savings.
3. Keep It Sealed: Windows and doors are typical places for little air leaks to occur that can make a big difference on monthly bills. Inspect your home and install door sweeps or weather stripping to help you seal these leaking areas.
4. Hot Water: Your water heater has different settings you can choose from. Instead of keeping it on a higher temperature, the “normal” setting will provide you water warm enough for showers, the dishwasher, and laundry. This little change can induce savings between 7-11% of heating costs.
5. Maintenance: Little tricks and energy saving habits will certainly lower the bills a little, but there is an important distinction between a unit that’s functioning decently and one that’s working at peak efficiency. Only professional heating services can ensure your unit works perfectly.
If you are looking for professional tune-ups in St. Petersburg for your HVAC system, contact Midway Services. Our team of experts can handle any projects you have, regardless of how big or small. Our heating service maintenance visits include everything you need from new filters to duct cleaning, as well as emergency repairs.
To schedule an appointment, or discuss the services offered at Midway, give us a call today!