How to Avoid the Need for Plumbing Repairs
Posted on: November 17, 2014
The need for plumbing services never occurs at a convenient time. Whether it is a clogged shower drain right before you need to leave for work or a blocked kitchen sink pipe just before your relatives visit for the holidays, you need to know who in St. Pete you can call when these emergencies happen. In a perfect world we would never have clogged drains or blocked pipes, but knowing how to avoid these situations will lessen your stress during this holiday season.
As a plumbing service company in St. Petersburg, Midway wants you to know how to keep your pipes from causing a crisis:
- Avoid liquid drain cleaner. When you experience a blockage, your first reaction will probably be to run to the nearest store to pick up some liquid drain cleaner. However, this solution can do more harm than good. Because the chemicals are so harsh, they can actually damage your pipes, which will require more repairs later on.
- Remember, not everything can go down the garbage disposal. While it is a blessing when you are washing dishes, the garbage disposal isn’t intended to handle everything. For instance, avoid putting rice or noodles down the drain, since they will expand and eventually clog. Pouring oil and grease used for cooking can cause problems too, since it will solidify and cause a blockage.
- Use a drain cover. As a St. Pete plumbing service company, one of the most common causes of clogged shower drains we see is hair, which can tangle and gather inside the pipes. You can easily prevent this with a drain cover, making it so that cleaning out excess hair after a shower will be quick and easy.
- Know what not to flush. If you don’t have a trashcan in your bathroom, the toilet can become the designated catch-all for odds and ends. But it should only be flushing toilet paper; anything else will eventually lead to a clogged pipe.
- Expect the unexpected. As we mentioned earlier, it is always a good idea to know what plumbing service company to call before the crisis occurs. This way you can simply dial a number and call for help, rather than searching the internet to find someone who seems trustworthy.
We are a St. Pete home service company, and we will be able to help you, no matter what the issue is. At Midway, we pride ourselves on being the very best, which is why we offer 24/7 assistance, along with a variety of other services that set us apart from the rest.
Call us today to see what it is like to hire the best plumbing services company in St. Pete!