5 Signs That You Need Plumbing Services
Posted on: August 13, 2014
It isn’t uncommon for Largo homeowners to not notice water leaks until they require emergency plumbing services. The best way to save both money and stress is to know the warning signs before leaks get out of hand. Oftentimes this problem will hide in plain sight, and requires specific attention to detail to spot.
If you notice any of the following signs, you should call for Largo plumbing services right away:
- Unusually high water bill. This is the easiest to spot, as long as you are keeping track of your water bills each month. If your usage has not increased, but the bill has, you may have a leak. Call a professional to find it and repair it immediately.
- Wet spots on walls. If you are certain that nothing has been spilt, but your walls and floors are still wet, keep an eye on the area. If it does not go away, or if it gets worse, you probably have a hidden leak.
- Musty smells. Musty smells in your home indicates water hiding somewhere it shouldn’t. Not only does this signify the need for plumbing services, but it can also negatively affect your health. Dangerous molds grow in dark, wet places and if undetected, can cause major health issues.
- Check the water meter. If you suspect leaking water, turn off all the appliances in your home that use water for at least an hour. Once the hour is up, take a close look at the water meter; if it is still running even with all of the appliances off, there is water going somewhere it shouldn’t.
- Mushy ground in the yard. If it hasn’t been raining, but your yard is unusually moist and mushy, there may be a broken water line. This can be dangerous as it can damage the foundation of your home.
If you are experiencing any of these signs, call for plumbing services in Largo as soon as possible. Leaving a water leak alone will only cause you more problems in the future. At Midway Services, we can help you with all of your plumbing needs.
For more information, call us at 727-288-9134. We offer the highest quality leak detection and repair services, in addition to water heater repair, drain cleaning services, re-piping, and more!