Plumbing Repair Tips
Posted on: April 2, 2014
Every day your home’s plumbing system works hard for you. It’s crucial to know when it’s time to call a professional and local company in Tarpon Springs for plumbing repairs. Being able to spot a leak, or knowing how to anticipate issues can save you time and money in the future. Here at Midway Services, we specialize in any and all plumbing problems you may experience.
Here are a few things to keep in mind in order to lessen your chance of needing plumbing repairs in Tarpon Springs:
- Make sure there are trashcans in every bathroom; this way house guests will never be tempted to flush items like cotton swabs that can cause clogged pipes.
- If your shower is not draining as quickly as usual, straighten a wire hanger and push it down the drain in order to fish out the hair that may be blocking it.
- If you find a leaking pipe, apply some plumber’s putty to solidify the seal until you call a professional to replace the pipe.
- If your toilet sounds like it is always running or if your water bill has increased gradually over the past few months for no apparent reason then you could have a potential leak.
- To determine if you have a leak, shut down all of the appliances in your home that use water (toilets, sprinklers, etc.), then check your water meter; after two or three hours check the meter again. If it has changed, you most likely have a leak that will require plumbing repairs in Tarpon Springs.
Clogged, leaking, or even broken pipes can damage your house’s infrastructure if not repaired in a timely manner. This can lead to extensive and expensive home repairs. We want to make sure your home’s pipes work as perfectly as possible, and will be able to solve any issue you may be experiencing. Some of the services we offer here at Midway are sewer line replacement and repair, leak detection and repair, and water heater and softener maintenance. We also offer 24/7 emergency plumbing repairs in Tarpon Springs. Be sure to call us as soon as you notice any plumbing problems at 727-565-0448.