Definite Signs You Need A Heating Service Company
Posted on: February 17, 2014
Probably the most obvious sign that you need heating repair is when you wake up freezing because the heater never turned on. But sometimes your heater will start to give off signals that it isn’t going to last much longer, and you want to be aware of what to look for.
No matter if you are a new homeowner, or an experienced one, you need to know what signs to look for that may indicate the need for heating repair; here are five to keep in mind:
1. Higher electrical bills: No matter what system, if your bills are suddenly higher, it is usually a sign that something is not right. You will want to have your heating system inspected regularly to ensure that everything is working as efficiently as possible.
2. Unusual smells: If you notice a dusty smell coming from your vents after turning on your system, it usually means that dust has built up in the system; there may even be a burning smell that signals a larger build up. If the smell does not quickly dissipate, you will want to call a Tampa heating service company to inspect your system.
If you notice the smell of natural gas around your gas furnace, turn off your system immediately and call a service technician right away, as this may be signaling a gas leak in your home which can be extremely dangerous.
3. Unusual sounds: You should expect a small amount of sound from any heater or furnace, but different or new ones will be a sign that something else is going on. This is perhaps one of the most obvious one to signal the need for heating repair, since loud, unexpected noises are difficult to miss.
4. Needing to set your thermostat higher: If you need to set the temperature higher and higher just to generate the same amount of warmth in your home, you may have a problem with your unit. This issue shows that your system is not generating warmth, which can be caused by something as simple as air flow obstruction.
5. Difficulty breathing: Besides heating your home, your heater should also help dust move freely through the room, and if you have noticed a higher rate of allergy or asthma issues with your family, your furnace may not be filtering the air properly. You may just need to change the filter, but if that does not work call a professional.
It is extremely possible that you are wasting both money and energy without even being aware of it. Here at Midway, we are your best choice for a heating service company in Tampa, simply because we are the front runners in the home service industry for more than 50 years. For any heating services, call us at 727-565-4715!